FOLLOW THE LITTLE RAYS OF LIGHT – Pastor ‘Femi Adebajo
Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that it was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” Together these made up one day. –Genesis 1:3-5
It is interesting to know that the first thing that the Almighty God created was light. It shows the importance that the Lord place on light or better still sight.
It is rather unfortunate that today so many people are in darkness yet they are not aware of it. It appears that our eyes have become accommodated to the darkness for after staying too long in darkness it does appear as if you can see. However, we have forgotten that even if you can see in darkness it is only a short distance.
Spiritual darkness can affect every facet of our lives as we can see below some of the experiences of a person in darkness.
1. He will most likely not see the obstacles on his way and may collide with them and stumble on the way.
2. He cannot move fast as he can only struggle to see his very immediate surroundings.
3. He may most likely not see an approaching danger
4. He will not see opportunities not to talk of taking advantage of them.
5. He may likely be fed with poison and not know until he has consumed it
6. Simply put he may not get to his destination.
However, there may be a small ray of light that the person in darkness can follow until he gets to the source of light, thereby taking himself out of his misery. The word of God that you hear today may be the little ray of light that you need to get you out of state of bondage and take you to the place of comfort and peace the Lord has prepared for you.
Jesus is saying if only you seek Him for He is the light that you need in your life then you can make it to your destination safely. Let us be like the Blind Bartimaeus who when Jesus Christ asked him what he wanted cried out “I want to see!” (Mark 10:51). Is there someone there today who want to see, then Jesus is the answer.
Father Lord open my eyes that I may know you.