“God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago”.-Ephesians 2:8-10 (NLT)
The text above tells us that salvation is a gift from God. Gift is what is given to someone by another. In our life time we have all received one form of gift or the other. It is our duty to either keep it or waste. The question we are asking ourselves this day is how well do we value the gift of salvation given to us by God through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.?
It is most likely that a gift that one place high value on will be preserved. What value do you place on the salvation of your soul?
Salvation involves the following:
1. Saving us from the punishment of sins which is death; Romans 6:23. He became our substitute.
2. Mediating on our behalf before God in judgment; Hebrews 2:10; Hebrews 7:25
3. Redemption tells us how we were rescued: Jesus redeemed us. He purchased our freedom from sin with his own death; Romans 3:24-25
4. Reconciliation describes the change in our relationship with God—we now are reconciled, or have peace, with him; Romans 5:10-11
5. Propitiation ties together the Old Testament system of animal sacrifice with the New Testament description of Christ’s death as a means of turning away God’s wrath; 1 John 2:2; 4:10
6. Path way of safety through the gate that leads to eternal life; John 10:9
7. Deliverance from condemnation of the law; Romans 8:1-2
8. Adopted as sons of God; Romans 8:14-17; Galatians 4:4-7
9. Giving hope to the hopeless; Romans 5:1-2; Romans 8:24-25; 1Peter 1:21-25
10. Receiving of all Spiritual blessings; Ephesians 1:3
The fact that the Lord gave us salvation irrespective of our sins is an indication of His unconditional love for us. Jesus Christ did not come to this world to help us save ourselves from sins but to save us from sins and its penalty (death).
Let us ask for His grace to keep us in the faith and pursue our salvation with fear and trembling so that we do not miss heaven at the end of the day.
1. Lord I thank you for sending Jesus Christ to die for my sins even when I have not known Him.
2. Jesus Christ I thank you for offering yourself as a living sacrifice for my sins.
3. Father Lord I surrender my life to you and I ask you take total control of my life.
4. Father Lord give me utterance that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of Jesus to my generation.
5. Father Lord help me to live a life pleasing to you everyday of my life in Jesus Name. Amen